Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Grammy's

So I am sitting here watching the Grammy awards.
The kids are all in bed (Hurrah!)
I am avoiding the little bit of cleaning I need to do before I get in bed. (I HATE getting up in the morning to a yucky house)

Speaking of Grammy's, I have been thinking about my Grandma and this poem that she used to say to me almost every time I saw her.

A CHILD OF ROYAL BIRTH
I am a child of royal birth.

My Father is King of heaven and earth. My spirit was born in the courts on high.
A child beloved, a princess am I.
I was nurtured there; I lived by His side In a home where patience and love abide.
My mother was there in that glorious place Blessing her children with queenly grace.
I grew to the stature that spirits grow.
I gained the knowledge I needed to know.
I was taught the truth and I knew the plan that God and Christ laid out for man.
I was there when the stars of morning sang.
I mingled my voice when the heavens rang.
I was there to rejoice, to praise and applaud the shouts of joy from the sons of God.
I waited my turn and I came to earth through the wonderful channel of human birth.
Then the curtains were closed and the past was gone;
On the future too, the curtains were drawn.
I live on the earth, and God willed it so.
With freedom to choose the way I should go.
I must search for the truth.
I must serve and obey; I must walk by my faith or fall by the way.
Someday I’ll go back, I will answer the call; I’ll return with my record to the Father of all. The books will be opened and so will my heart.
There will be rejoicing if I’ve done my part.
My Father, the King, with His infinite love, will welcome me back to the mansions above.
The curtains will part and eternity, In it’s light and glory will open to me.
~Anna Johnson


My Grandma Rose was 99 when she passed away.
Her sister Lottie lived to be 102.
I don't think I would want to live to be that old.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Awww Lisa that is gorgeous. What a grand old age she lived to. You must have so many precious memories of her.

Heidi said...

I love that poem! Did you memorize it or did you have to look it up somewhere?! I imagine if she said it eerytime you saw her, you'd have it memorized! What a cool piece of work to memorize!