Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Appreciation

The last 3 days had made me develop a stronger appreciation for my children.
I am totally stressed out and exhausted from crying and looking on the internet.
Dallin has developed a weird tic. From what I have found from researching I am scared. It could be the start of Tourettes Syndrome, or it could be a simple motor tic that could go away on its own..it could be because of a brain tumor...yada yada I can't even think I've read so much this evening. The poor kid.
He like pulls his chin up in the air and up-stretches his neck, then he does a little tic at the end. It comes in clusters. It has just been in the last couple days...and I thought it was just him doing something weird. But today he complains that he ISN'T doing it. He can't stop them and it is driving him nuts. I feel so bad. I don't know what to do.
We have no medical insurance and I cannot afford a CT scan or an MRI. (Which from what I am reading is what the Dr.s will order). I am really scared. I am praying that is goes away all by itself. I am going to have Jared and Uncle Dennis give him a blessing this weekend too. I asked the Sheltons to put his name on the prayer roll tomorrow. They said they would be glad to.
I am trying to decide whether to get medical insurance or have groceries. We make too much for state help, and if we get insurance our self then we will be on the verge of starving to death. I am afraid to take him to the Dr. now, and it being something serious...Then NOBODY would cover him because it would be pre-existing, And we would be stuck paying everything our self which would be impossible. Jared's job offers insurance but it is almost 800 bucks a month out of our pocket, plus it sucks. Totally ridiculous! I am finding insurance on the internet for around 475 but still...that is going to really make it hard to live month to month. I am even thinking about getting a job. I just hope it miraculously disappears.
He really is a smart kid. Very sweet and soft spoken, and shy. This is going to draw attention to him. He doesn't like being the center of attention. This is going to make him withdraw. He hasn't said anything about his friends saying anything about it yet, but they HAVE to notice it.
I have parent teacher conference on Thursday for him, and will ask if his teacher notices anything.
Today hasn't been as bad as yesterday. His neck/chin tick isn't as bad. And it seems to have a shoulder shrug with it today, which either makes it less noticeable or the tick just isn't as bad as it was...I can't decide. Also I did notice another tick. He makes his eyebrows go up all the time. I didn't notice it, because he does it all the time. I thought it was just a habit. Now I know better.

No comments: