Monday, February 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday....



Monday: Sweet & Sour Chicken (recipe below) With rice and broccoli
Tuesday: Leftovers and Tv Dinners (My kids love 'em, me not so much)
Wednesday:Scalloped Potatoes & Ham Slices
Thursday: Out to eat for Valentines?
Friday: Honey Pork Chops (recipe below)
Saturday:Fried Potatoes & Onions & Bacon (Maybe a little garlic too?)
Sunday: Broccoli Salad, Meat and Cheese tray with homemade rolls (It's the DAYTONA 500 Baby!!!!)

Sweet & Sour Chicken
Cut 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts in to strips or chunks. Coat with flour (I use a ziplock bag and do the hippy hippy shake). Cook chicken in 1/4 cup oil until browned and totally cooked. (I also sprinkle with salt n peppa)
Sauce: In saucepan combine the liquid from 1 can pineapple, combined with enough water to make 1 1/4 cups liquid. 1 cup sugar, 4 T flour, 3/4 cup vinegar, 2 T Soy Sauce, 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Cook on medium until thick. Stirring often. I sometimes put green peppers and onions in the sauce also, but the kids don't like it so much.
Serve with rice and the drained pineapple.

Honey Pork Chops
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 boneless pork chops
4 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 325
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium , brown the pork chops about 4-6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking dish.
Mix the honey, water, soy sauce, onion, ginger, and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the pork chops.
Bake pork chops Approx 1 hour or until done :)

1 comment:

{krista} said...

I'm so going to try those honey pork chops this week!

And here: http://onecuteblog.blogspot.com/

I'm obsessed... and I need a life... don't remind me! LOL