Friday, September 29, 2006

So the family is at the Football game except for Tyleigh and I. We're home watching "Ugly Betty".

I have been crying all day. Jared has been being a total jerk all week. Nothing new. He treats me like he hates me all the time anyhow.
I was going to type a novel, but I can't go there now...no more tears left.

Anyways so this elk yielded 442 pounds of meat. It is the biggest elk of the year (so far..rifle season hasn't started yet). So this elk meat, (which I am sure I am going to hate BTW )costs...$265.20 to butcher. So after I pay all the bills, the tithing and this butcher bill...I have 70 bucks left to last the 6 of us 2 weeks. We have NO groceries in the house. Not even Milk. But we do have 442 pounds of elk meat. Yuck So I cried some more about that. Not sure how I am going to feed the family, put gas in the vehicles and feed Jared on the road on 70 bucks. And what I don't get is this: We are doing what we should. We are going to church. We are paying out tithing. We are worthy to hold recommends...and what do we get? Flat ass broke, that's what. I am bitter right now..wondering if I should take the tithing money and get groceries. It's not like I WANT to go to the temple right now anyhow. Grouch Day 1


So there is one bit of good news for the day though. I ate the elk steaks that Jared made for dinner, and I liked it. It tasted just like beef. And I am very picky about meat. It wasn't gross at all, and I was so ready to spit it out and tell him that his stupid hunting escapades was a complete waste of time and money...and I liked it. So I guess at least with the 70 bucks I have, I won't have to use a dime of it on beef. Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes So we borrowed this big ancient freezer from Jared's mother. It is huge at the top wont close all the way it is so full of meat.







No comments: