Monday, September 11, 2006

I can't believe it has been 5 years since the horrific attacks on our country.

I remember that morning. I had gotten up and got Joshua up for school. I am laying in bed watching the local news when they break into "The Today Show" I believe. It is 6:46 am. I they are saying that a plane had hit the World Trade Center. Of course the first thing of think of is terrorism. But then I start thinking, "well maybe someone wanted to commit suicide, or they weren't paying attention". That theory of course went out the window as I watched live, the second plane hit the other tower some 17 minutes later.

When the Pentagon was hit, I was just waiting for more and more places to be shown. Luckily some heroes saved other targets from being hit.

I sat in horror the rest of the week in front of the TV switching back and forth between CNN and CNBC. I slept with CNN on the TV all night, a bad habit I continue to this day.

I remember how patriotic everyone became. It was such a wonderful feeling of unity. I wish that feeling was still here today, because now it seems the country is divided with different opinions about what should have happened, or what we should be doing. I am glad the decision isn't mine to make.

WTC Candle WTC Ribbon WTC Never Forget 911 Flag WTC Heart WTC Eagle WTC Ribbon White House Twin Towers 1

My favorite memorial site: http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html
Take a peek, it takes a while to load if you have dial up, but it is worth it.
Here are some more sites:
http://www.jontzen.com/tribute.htm#9/11%20Macromedia%20Flash%20Presentations





No comments: