Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Conference Weekend....


My friend Katie had some wonderful tips about making conference weekend exciting for everyone.

I mainly looked forward to a day off church. Is that a bad thing? ;) Not that I don't love trying to hold the attention of eight 6 year olds for almost 2 hours every sunday, after an hour of trying to keep own kids reverent . Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So taking Katies advice I am getting a meat and cheese tray from the local deli, along with various snacks items and beverages. We never eat in the living room (the kids anyhow) so I will allow this too.
Not sure if we will play conference bingo or something else, but I will try and make it fun.
I have been anticipating the announcement of who will fill the shoes of President Faust. Those are some big shoes to fill.

3 comments:

Cari said...

I think we all are looking forward to a day off of regular church! :)

Anonymous said...

hey, i just saw your profile, it says you liked the work and the glory... someone gave me the whole set. they look so overwhelming, i saw the first movie and although i love that kind of stuff it just made me roll my eyes the whole way. are the books better? i am a big janette oke fan, but the movie they made was bad, they didn't even stick to the story. i guess i hope it's kind of the same for the work and the glory.

Angela said...

What a great idea!!!! I am going to the store today and stocking up. Thanks!