Thursday, April 03, 2008

Finger lickin' Good

So the whole economy thing has got me a little freaked out. So I came up with the lovely idea of getting chickens. No not 2. Not 4. TWENTY CHICKENS! Holy Moo (and Cows are a whole 'nother post).



So for the first week and a half we kept the little chicks in a plastic swimming pool in the basement with a heat lamp.





They are so cute (and quiet) when they are asleep...LOL I wish I could sleep standing up!
Jared built a chicken coop with help from Dallin (the hammy goofball)




The Little boxes on the right side are for laying eggs.



Their ramp out the back in case they want to go out and play, or peck or whatever it is chickens do.

They are "free run" chickens, so they aren't sexed. So it will be a while before we can tell which chickens will be supplying the eggs, and which ones will be in my noodle soup :)

And one extra picture for your viewing pleasure.....

The Fashionista Tyleigh, modeling the newest fashions for spring...lol



3 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! That's awesome! I'm so impressed with your dh, he did a fabulous job on the coop! My mom grew up on a farm and it was her job to clean the chicken coop and she HATED it. So who in your family will get to clean it? Better assign it out fast! lol

de Wit Family said...

That is SO cool Lisa! I LOVE chickens and I would love to have them, if we didn't have so many chicken loving foxes in the area. Make sure you blog about them often so we can follow their growth. I hope you don't get too many roosters!

Shayla said...

How could you eat those cute little things? Aw man. Between you and Teri Le I'm gonna go vegetarian.

No, I wouldn't. I like cheeseburgers too much.